Friday, February 12, 2010

my baby is growing up...

...so it really has hit me that Briggs is closer to being 1 year old than he is to a newborn. I am kind of sad about it. He has had a lot of first this week that are fun, here are a few of them.
  • Clapping for Uncle Mark during his basketball game
  • eating a butter and jam half sandwhich (he eats every last bit)
  • eating yogurt melts like crazy (he loves them and so does Katelyn)
  • trying so hard to crawl, he rocks back and forth a couple of times on his hands and knees.
  • fighting over things with me and Katelyn. (remote, her sippy cup and whatever else he can get his hands on)
  • has has become very determined and strong willed.
  • but through it all he is still smiling like crazy, gums and all!.

I can't believe where the time has gone (7 1/2 months)...we love having Briggs as part of our family.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Addison still loves those little yogurt melts too! It is kind of sad and fun all at the same time how quickly our little babies grow up.

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel. I miss my tiny baby too.

Caroline said...

he can eat a sandwich?! holy cow, he's gonna pass up johnny in no time. that must be so cute. it's funny -- every single thing you wrote about briggs is true for johnny (except the sandwich one and the yogurt melts. i'll have to try those). johnny and i get in fights all the time. he thinks its funny to slap me in the face. i've got to put the stops on that:) ps i love the picture of you and sherm on the side. you look so beautiful!

Beth said...

Where has time gone! He'll be up and walking before long!

janbang said...

Juliette! Its been a while since I checked out your blog. Your kids are darling! I love Katelyn's curly hair, and Briggs is darling! Sure love & miss you!

Jan